Dates of Internship: Fall 2011 (September-December 2011, with potential to continue into Spring 2012). Start and end dates are flexible.
Hours: 16 hours/2 days per week (Preferably Monday-Thursday)
Compensation: Unpaid. Alliance will provide supervision of requirements to receive school credit.
Supervisor: Prevention Director
Last Day to Apply: September 1, 2011
The Massachusetts Alliance on Teen Pregnancy seeks an intern to analyze public health data and assist with Alliance communications and press events in Massachusetts communities with high teen birth rates. Responsibilities will include developing fact sheets and presentations on relevant data and assisting with the Alliance’s Youth First Initiative in Springfield and Holyoke. Work may also include development of press releases and disseminating Alliance materials via new media.
The ideal candidate will have skills in making public health data accessible and useful to the public, an understanding of current issues in adolescent sexual health/teen pregnancy prevention, and excellent writing skills.
• Skills in working with public health data
• Commitment to and belief in the mission of the Massachusetts Alliance on Teen Pregnancy, and desire to empower the young people of Massachusetts
• Engagement in a Master’s level of study preferred
• Resourceful and thorough
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Willingness and ability to work autonomously, with direction and support
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience in youth services preferred
• Integrity, sense of humor, and desire to “do good” in the world
To Apply, Please submit resume and cover letter to Erica Fletcher, Prevention Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please