The MDPH Office of Adolescent Health and Youth Development is excited to announce the release of the federally funded PREP RFR.
It PaYS: Partners for Youth Success is a partnership between the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) and the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (MDESE).
In an effort to decrease the teen birth rate in Massachusetts communities with the lowest performing schools and highest teen birth rates - Boston, Fall River, Holyoke, Lawrence, Lowell, Lynn, New Bedford, Springfield and Worcester - this project will integrate community and school services to deliver medically accurate, culturally competent, age-appropriate comprehensive sexuality education and adulthood preparation subjects to young people ages 10-19. MDESE will fund schools and MDPH will fund community-based organizations through a competitive procurement process in up to six communities with poor educational outcomes and the state's highest teen birth and STI rates. Selected recipients will be funded to provide evidence-based teen pregnancy prevention programs that incorporate selected adulthood preparation subjects.
Applicants who wish to respond to this RFR are highly encouraged to submit a non-binding Letter of Intent via email by Friday, November 18, 2011 by 5PM to: Dahlia Bousaid, Director, MDPH Office of Adolescent Health and Youth Development, Dahlia.Bousaid@state.ma.us
Here are the Instructions for getting to the posting:
1. Go onto the Internet to address: www.comm-pass.com
2. Click on the Solicitations tab.
3. Click on Solicitation Search.
4. Enter 106814 into the Document Number field, then press Search.
5. There are 2 Solicitation(s) found that match your search criteria will appear at the top of the screen. Click on this link.
6. Click on the eyeglasses on the top line, the OPEN line.
7. The Specifications tab has the RFR document. The Forms and Terms screen has the documents for response.
The deadline for application is Tuesday, December 13, 2011.