- To Court Blacks, Foes of Abortion Make Racial Case
- A discussion of the politics surrounding the abortion debate in the African American community from the New York Times, 26 February 2010
- Multipurpose Prevention Technologies for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Gaining Momentum and Promise
- An article discussing multipurpose prevention technologies (prevention strategies that prevent both STIs and reproductive tract infections) which were discussed and debated at the March 2009 conference on Advancing Prevention Technologies for Sexual and Reproductive Health... "For 2 days, more than 150 participants from developing and industrialized countries discussed and debated opportunities and challenges for advancing technologies that address multiple sexual and reproductive health needs." From RH Positive, 22 February 2010
- Why Men's Health is a Feminist Issue
- From the Winter 2010 issue of Ms. Magazine, an article about how giving Gardasil, the cervical cancer vaccine, to men is as important to protecting men's health as it is to protecting women's.
- Also, a response from The Sexist, a blog out of Washington DC: The Feminist Implications of Male Reproductive Health
The YEAH! Network uses research, advocacy, and community education and collaboration to influence policy and practice in adolescent sexual health. By articulating a common agenda among diverse local, state, and national stakeholders, we are working to create an informed, empowered, and engaged response to teen pregnancy and sexual health disparities in Hampden County.
Monday, March 1, 2010
Reproductive Health News the YEAH! Network is following
Here are some stories we have been reading in the last week: